Child and youth members under 21 years old can get special health services as soon as they are enrolled.
This makes sure they get the right preventive, dental, mental health and developmental and specialty services.
Pediatric services (Children under age 21)
Members under 21 years old are covered for needed care.
The following list includes care that are medically necessary services to treat or ameliorate defects and physical, mental diagnosis.
Covered services include:
- Well-child visits and teen check-ups (Important visits children need)
- Immunizations (shots)
- Mental health services (specialty mental health services are covered by the county)
- Lab tests, including blood lead poisoning testing
- Health and preventive education
- Vision services
- Dental services (covered under Medi-Cal Dental)
- Hearing services (covered by CCS for children who qualify. L.A. Care will cover services for children who do not qualify for CCS)
These services are called Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT) services. EPSDT services that are recommended by pediatricians’ Bright Futures guidelines to help you or your child stay healthy are covered at no cost to you.