Free language assistance services are available. You can request interpreting or translation services, information in your language or another format, or auxiliary aids and services. Call L.A. Care at 1-888-839-9909 (TTY 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays. This call is free.
You have the right to no-cost interpreting services, as well as American Sign Language. You can get these services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
It is better to use a professional interpreter at your medical appointment. You should not use friends, family, or children to interpret for you.
How to Access Interpreting Services
For in person interpreting services, let us know:
- Who: Is the appointment for you, or for your child?
- What: What kind of doctor are you seeing? Do you want a male or female interpreter?
- When: What time is your appointment? When do you want the interpreter to be there?
- Where: Where is your appointment? What is the address? Is there a specific building?
- Why: What is this appointment for? Follow up? Consultation? Medical Visit?
Need Timely Interpreting Help?
- Call us at least 10 business days before your appointment. The more time we have, the more likely we are to find an interpreter for you.
- Provide accurate and complete information.
- Please call Member Services at 1-888-839-9909 (TTY 711) if your appointment changes. Member Services is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
Documents in Your Language and Format
You can get member materials in the language or format you want, such as large print or audio.
How to Ask for a Document in Your Language or Format
Call Member Services at 1-888-839-9909 (TTY 711) at to ask for a document in your language/format. Member Services is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
You can file a complaint if:
- You feel that you were denied services because you do not speak English
- You cannot get an interpreter
- You have a complaint about the interpreter
- You cannot get information in your language or format
- Your cultural needs are not met