We are allowed or required to share your PHI in other ways, usually to contribute to the public good, such as public health and research.
We can use or share your PHI for the following additional purposes:
- To comply with State, Federal, or local laws.
- To comply with a request of a law enforcement agency, such as the police, military, or national security agency, or a Federal, State, or local government agency or body, such as workers’ compensation board, or a health oversight agency for activities authorized by law, and court or administrative order.
- To respond to the Department of Health and Human Services if it wants to see that we’re complying with federal privacy law.
- To help with product recalls.
- To report adverse reactions to medications.
- To report suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence, as required or allowed under law.
- For health care research.
- To respond to organ and tissue donation requests, and work with a medical examiner or funeral director.
- In relation to complaints, investigations, lawsuits and legal actions.
- To prevent or reduce a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety.