Medi-Cal is a public program that provides health care coverage to adults, families, older adults, and people with disabilities who meet the income requirements.
Who is eligible for L.A. Care Medi-Cal?
- People who live in Los Angeles County;
- People who are a parent, child, adults without children, older adults or disabled;
- People who meet the income guidelines; and
- People under the age of 26, regardless of their immigration status
What are the income guidelines?
These are examples of qualifying incomes. Please contact us at 1-888-4LA-CARE (1-888-452-2273) for more information about qualifying children, adults, seniors, people with disabilities and those who are pregnant.
- Adults, including both parents and adults without children, with yearly earnings of less than $17,237 for a single adult, or less than $35,535 for a family of four.
- Children in families whose yearly earnings are less than $44,981 for a family of two, or $68,495 for a family of four.
You can also view Medi-Cal qualifying income information from the Department of Health Care Services.
How much will I pay?
Medi-Cal with L.A. Care is free for families who qualify. There are no monthly premiums or co-pays.
Am I Eligible for Medi-Cal?
To see if you are eligible for the Medi-Cal program, view the Medi-Cal Qualification Chart.