Advancing caregivers advances us all!
The IHSS+ Home Care Integration Training Program (IHSS+) is a 10-week program that educates and empowers caregivers who provide services to seniors and persons with disabilities.
- IHSS+ is a training program for IHSS caregivers that prepares you to become a recognized member of your consumer's care team. You'll learn practical skills including CPR, first aid, infection control, nutrition, body mechanics, and much more!
- IHSS caregivers also learn how to take on the enhanced roles of Monitor, Communicator, Coach, Navigator, and Care Aide while developing the skills needed to be integrated into the recipient's Care Teams.
- Right now, our programs are offered to the following caregivers:
- You must be an IHSS provider
- Your client/recipient must be an L.A Care Health Plan member
Classes are 3.5 hours and held once a week for 10 weeks.
Classes are held Tuesday through Saturdays at various time schedules.
For more information, please visit the Center for Caregiver Advancement website for the exact schedule.
Summer 2022 LA County: June 7 - August 20
Fall 2022 Alameda County: September 13 - December 8
Don't wait, classes fill up quickly!
Learn why the IHSS+ program has changed the lives of so many caregivers.
Benefits to IHSS+ Caregivers
- Become CPR/AED-certified
- Receive a stipend up to $300
- Join a Community of caregivers like Yourself!
IHSS caregivers who completed the program reported feeling less stressed, lonely & depressed following the training.