Reporting COVID-19 in L.A. County Residents
COVID-19 associated deaths must be reported by healthcare providers immediately.
- Phone 1-888-397-3993 or 1-213-240-7821 -or-
- Complete the Novel Coronavirus Death Report form and send via secure email to COVIDdeath@ph.lacounty.gov. When completing the form, please make sure to fill in all sections including if the family has been informed.
- It is the responsibility of the reporting provider to ensure that the next of kin has been notified of the death and of the COVID-19 result.
All other COVID-19 cases must be reported by healthcare providers within one day.
Providers should complete all sections of the Medical Provider COVID-19 Report Form* and then submit via fax or secure email:
*Please be sure to use the revised forms dated 4/4/20 (death report) and 4/3/20 (case report).
Long Beach Health and Human Services:
- To report a case of COVID-19, fill out the Long Beach COVID-19 Report Form and fax the form and a copy of the positive laboratory result to 1-562-570-4374 or send by secure email to LBEpi@longbeach.gov. To report a death, please fill out the Long Beach COVID-19 Death Report.
Pasadena Public Health Department:
- To report a case of COVID-19, fill out the COVID-19 Report Form at the Pasadena Public Health Department website. Fax the form to 1.626.744.6115 and call 1.626.744.6089 on weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, or for after-hours call 1.626.744.6043.