The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LAC DPH) issued a health advisory on May 1, 2020. This advisory discusses the extended time-period for isolation of persons with COVID-19 , as well as the ongoing characterization of clinical presentation.
Because guidance for the prevention and management of COVID-19 may change, providers and staff are encouraged to visit the Los Angeles Health Alert Network (LAHAN) website frequently. You can also subscribe to the LAHAN to receive alerts, advisories, and updates from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
⇒ Keep up to date by visiting the LAC DPH Coronavirus Webpage for Health Professionals.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have recently extended the time-period for isolation of persons with COVID-19 and have expanded the list of symptoms to consider testing for SARS-CoV-2.
- LAC DPH has released a new interactive COVID-19 surveillance dashboard.
- Health care providers are reminded that results from serologic tests cannot not be used as the sole basis to diagnose or exclude SARS-CoV-2 infection. Serologic test results may not be used to release a person from isolation or quarantine nor to clear a person to return to work.
Reporting COVID-19 in L.A. County Residents
COVID-19 associated deaths must be reported by healthcare providers immediately.
- Phone 1-888-397-3993 or 1-213-240-7821 -or-
- Complete the Novel Coronavirus Death Report form and send via secure email to COVIDdeath@ph.lacounty.gov. When completing the form, please make sure to fill in all sections including if the family has been informed.
- It is the responsibility of the reporting provider to ensure that the next of kin has been notified of the death and of the COVID-19 result.
All other COVID-19 cases must be reported by healthcare providers within one day.
Providers should complete all sections of the Medical Provider COVID-19 Report Form* and then submit via fax or secure email:
*Please be sure to use the revised forms dated 4/4/20 (death report) and 4/3/20 (case report).
Long Beach Health and Human Services:
- To report a case of COVID-19, fill out the Long Beach COVID-19 Report Form and fax the form and a copy of the positive laboratory result to 1-562-570-4374 or send by secure email to LBEpi@longbeach.gov. To report a death, please fill out the Long Beach COVID-19 Death Report.
Pasadena Public Health Department:
- To report a case of COVID-19, fill out the COVID-19 Report Form at the Pasadena Public Health Department website. Fax the form to 1.626.744.6115 and call 1.626.744.6089 on weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, or for after-hours call 1.626.744.6043.