The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LAC DPH) issued a health advisory on July 17, 2020 about recent multiple reports of healthcare associated Candida auris (C. auris) isolates and one outbreak of C. auris in a Los Angeles County healthcare facility.
This advisory discusses priority containment of multi-drug resistant organisms (MDROs) in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Because guidance for the prevention and management of COVID-19 may change, providers and staff are encouraged to visit the Los Angeles Health Alert Network (LAHAN) website frequently. You can also subscribe to the LAHAN to receive alerts, advisories, and updates from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
⇒ Keep up to date by visiting the LAC DPH Coronavirus Webpage for Health Professionals.
Providers are asked to report all suspect and confirmed C. auris cases to your local health department within one working day.
Los Angeles County DPH Acute Communicable Disease Control:
- Complete the C. auris Report Form and send by fax to 1.888.397.3778 or 1.213.482.5508, or by secure email or by mail, or call 1.888.397.3993 or 184.108.40.20621
- For consultation, call 220.127.116.1121 weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Long Beach Health and Human Services:
- Complete the Long Beach CMR and fax to 1.562.570.4373 or send by email
- Call 1.562.570.4302 weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Pasadena Public Health Department:
- Call the Communicable Disease Control Program at 1.626.744.6089 weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.