Medical Nutrition Therapy
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)
Learn how to eat healthy when you have a medical condition. You will set nutrition goals and make a plan to achieve those goals with a Registered Dietitian (RD). Medical Nutrition Therapy is provided over the phone to better fit your schedule and includes talking about:
- Your eating habits, lifestyle and health goals.
- Your nutritional status including labs and medicines.
- A personal plan.
- Follow up and feedback on your nutritional goals.
You will have an initial one-hour phone call. You can get up to three more follow-up calls to check on your progress and to see if changes are needed in your nutrition goals and treatment plan.
Medical Nutrition Therapy is available for those with one or more of the following medical conditions:
- Uncontrolled type I or II diabetes (A1c > 8)
- Pre-end-stage renal disease (eGFR 13 - 50ml / min / 1.73m)
- Obesity (pediatric, age 2 - 18 years, BMI > 95th percentile and adults, age 18 years and over, BMI > 30)
- Underweight (pediatric, age 2 - 18 years, BMI < 5th percentile, adults, age 18 - 64 years, BMI < 18.5, and older adults, age 65 years and older, BMI < 23)
- Prediabetes (A1c 5.7 - 6.4)
- Gastrointestinal disorders, cardiovascular disease and other nutrition related conditions.
You must be referred by your doctor.
Ask your doctor if a referral for Medical Nutrition Therapy with one of our Registered Dietitians is right for you.
Call Health Education 1-855-856-6943 today to get started.