Healthy Baby Program
Childhood immunizations (shots), help keep your baby or child from getting sick. Most vaccines are given as shots, but some are given by mouth. They work by helping the body fight illness. In most cases, the shots will prevent your baby from getting serious diseases.
Your baby will need shots at different times. If your baby does get sick, it will most likely be a much milder case. Protect your child from getting sick by using the immunization schedule set up by your doctor. An immunization schedule tells you which shots your child should get and when they should get them. The immunization schedule helps your baby stay on track with his or her shots.
LA Care’s Healthy Baby Childhood Immunization Program helps parents and guardians with children under the age of 24 months learn about the immunization schedule. The program includes:
- Getting help in setting up a well-child visit for your child
- A Healthy Baby packet if your baby is between 0 to 6 months of age, which contains
- a link to an immunization schedule with activities that children can perform at certain ages
- a guide on how to sign up to receive text messages with health and parenting tips during your baby’s first year
- calls to help you remember when to take your child for his or her shots
Call 1-213-694-1250 Ext. 4408 to reach a Health Education Advocate to join the Healthy Baby Program and to get help in scheduling your child’s first wellness visit.