Mission, Vision and Values
L.A. Care’s mission is to provide access to quality health care for Los Angeles County's vulnerable and low-income communities and residents and to support the safety net required to achieve that purpose.
A healthy community in which all have access to the health care they need.
We are committed to the promotion of accessible, high quality health care that:
- Is accountable and responsive to the communities we serve and focuses on making a difference;
- Fosters and honors strong relationships with our health care providers and the safety net;
- Is driven by continuous improvement and innovation and aims for excellence and integrity;
- Reflects a commitment to cultural diversity and the knowledge necessary to serve our members with respect and competence;
- Empowers our members, by providing health care choices and education and by encouraging their input as partners in improving their health;
- Demonstrates L.A. Care’s leadership by active engagement in community, statewide and national collaborations and initiatives aimed at improving the lives of vulnerable low income individuals and families; and
- Puts people first, recognizing the centrality of our members and the staff who serve them.