L.A. Care’s eManagement program was developed to supply providers with additional resources and support to help improve care delivery. Key components of the program include:
- Improves behavioral health screenings
- Improves the clinical competencies of primary care providers (PCPs) through use of online psychiatric eDialogues
- Improves medication management
- Includes an incentive program for PCPs
- Supports the whole person approach to care
The eManagement program provides a three-pronged approach for collaboration of care in medical homes where mental health providers are often in short supply, and further helps identify potential areas for reduction in clinical costs.
How Does It Work?
The Department of Mental Health (DMH) oversees a contracted specialty network with 2-3 assigned psychiatrists, and sends responses to PCP inquiries within 24-48 hours.
Web-based, password protected, HIPAA compliant software platform. Software has been developed to increase PCPs' ability to access specialists.
PCPs can receive incentive payments for using evidence-based treatment protocols and screening tools, and the utilization of eDialogues (online discussions)