Physician Leadership Program
L.A. Care Health Plan is committed to enhancing the medical leadership capacity for promising physician leaders working in vulnerable and low-income communities. To this end, L.A. Care is pleased to offer a new leadership development program for physicians from community health centers in Los Angeles County. The six month program is designed to equip physicians with tangible leadership and management skills necessary to effect transformational change within their health centers, and ultimately improve patient care and health outcomes.
Program participants will attend in-person seminars with expert faculty, receive personalized individual leadership coaching at the start and end of the program, and will be supported in the implementation of an organization based leadership project to implement newly acquired skills.
Over the course of the program, the enriching curriculum will cover the following topics:
- Leadership Style and Serving Underserved Communities
- Leading Effective Teams
- Managing Health Care Services and Finances
- Improving Health Center Services
- Setting Direction and Change Management
- Participant Projects
- Seminar 1: September 30, 2016, 9am - 11am
- Seminar 2: October 21, 2016, 9am - 11am
- Seminar 3: November 18, 2016, 9am - 11am
- Seminar 4: December 16, 2016, 2016, 9am - 11am
- Seminar 5: January 20, 2017, 9am - 11am
- Seminar 6: February 16, 2017, 5pm - 7pm *(Dinner Program)
Participants are expected to attend all six seminars in downtown Los Angeles. Supplemental webinars will be held once a month from 5:15-6:30pm on October 18, November 8, December 6, January 10, and February 7.
CME will be offered to participants
L.A. Care Health Plan is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. L.A. Care Health Plan designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 10.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. L.A. Care Health Plan Provider Continuing Education Department maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Please review the eligibility requirements and participant expectations below before completing the application. The program will accept up to 25 participants through a competitive application. Multiple individuals may be accepted from each community health center.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the program:
- Work at a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), FQHC Look-Alike, or not-for-profit community clinic in Los Angeles County
- Be a licensed physician
- Have experience managing others or managing complex projects and initiatives
Program participants agree to fully engage in all aspects of this six month program. Specifically, participants agree to:
- Secure supervisor/organizational sponsorship to allow release time during the work day to attend in-person seminars
- Attend all in-person seminars
- Attend all webinars
- Develop and implement a leadership project
- Participate in evaluation of the program