Formulary and Pharmacy
Formulary & Pharmacy
The goal of the L.A. Care Formulary is to enhance the physician’s and pharmacist’s abilities to provide optimal, cost effective drug therapy for our members.
- Click on this sentence to print a copy of our L.A. Care Medi-Cal Formulary, Healthy Families and Healthy Kids Formulary. (PDF)
- Click on this sentence to print a copy of our L.A. Care Covered Formulary. (PDF)
L.A Care has a Pharmacy, Therapeutics and New Technology (PT&T) Committee to develop, maintain and improve the Formulary.
- Click on this sentence to view our Formulary Updates.
- Click on this sentence to print our Formulary Drug Review Request Form. (PDF)
Over-The-Counter Medication Coverage
L.A. Care covers select over-the-counter (OTC) medications when prescribed by a licensed practitioner as a less expensive alternative to prescription drugs.
- Click on this sentence to view our Medi-Cal OTC coverage list. (PDF)
- Click on this sentence to view our OTC coverage list for Healthy Kids and Healthy Families. (PDF)
L.A. Care Health Plan offers our members a wide choice of pharmacies that are conveniently located in their neighborhoods.
- Click on this sentence to search for a pharmacy.
- Click on this sentence for a Pharmacy Reference Guide. (PDF)
- Click on this sentence for a copy of the pharmacy-by-mail order form. (PDF)
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the documents available on this page.