Welcome to L.A. Care
Make the Most of Your Health Coverage
L.A. Care wants to make your experience with us as enjoyable as possible and here are some helpful tips on getting started:
Member ID Card
Your L.A. Care Member ID Card has the name of your health plan, your member ID number, and your Primary Care Provider (PCP) with his/her number. Use your Member ID Card when you visit your doctor, pharmacy and other health care providers.
When you join L.A. Care, you can choose your PCP. You can change your PCP at any time. Your PCP will refer you to specialists when needed, such as cardiologists and surgeons.
To make your experience easier, you can also create an online L.A. Care Connect member account. To get started, either visit L.A. Care Connect, or download the L.A. Care Connect App (for both Apple and Android devices)
With your L.A. Care Connect account, you can:
- Print and view your member ID Card to use at your doctor’s office, pharmacy or other health care provider
- View your health care information including eligibility, claims, and prescription history
- Chat live with a nurse at a time that’s right for you
- Connect to My Health in Motion™ for programs tailored to your health needs
- Find a doctor, change a doctor, or search the provider directory
- Contact L.A. Care
Family Resource Centers (FRC)
The L.A. Care Family Resource Centers are Your Centers for Health and Wellness. You can learn about important health topics to keep you and your family healthy.
Classes and services are free and open to everyone. Take an exercise class, talk to a registered dietician, learn how to cook and plan healthy meals and more.
Stop by an FRC near you to see how we can help you live a healthy life.