Renew Your Coverage
Stay up to date on your health insurance! Each year, it is important to review your existing coverage during the Annual Renewal Period and confirm your current L.A. Care Covered™ or L.A. Care Covered Direct™ plan meets your needs.
The 2017 Renewal Period begins October 3, 2016 and ends December 15, 2016.
We will mail you a renewal notice in October with important information about your plan. The renewal period is a good time to:
- Report any household changes, including adding a dependent or a change in your permanent address.
- Call us at 1-855-270-2327 (TTY/TDD) 711 if you would like to speak with someone about changing your plan. For example, if you are currently enrolled in a L.A. Care Covered Bronze 60 HMO plan and you’re looking for lower deductibles and out of pocket costs, switching to the Silver 70 HMO plan could be beneficial to you based on your health needs.
- Follow the steps below, depending on if you are a member of L.A. Care Covered™ or L.A. Care Covered Direct™.
|Important Dates||Renewal Period Phases||What does this mean?|
|10/03/2016||Renewal Period begins||Members who want to renew their plan can report any changes or request to change metal tiers|
|12/15/2016||Renewal Period ends||Last day to make changes that will affect your 01/01/2017 L.A. Care Covered™ or L.A. Care Covered Direct™ plan|
|01/01/2017||2017 Coverage begins||New coverage year starts! See the Member Materials page for current plan information.|
If you have changes to report for L.A. Care Covered™:
- Sign in to your Covered California™ online member account or call the Service Center at 1-800-300-1506 (TTY/TDD) 888-889-4500 to update your information, such as adding a dependent or a change in your permanent address.
- The information you provide may make you eligible for a different amount of financial assistance.
- Provide consent to have your income verified yearly if you have not yet done so.
No changes to report:
- Covered California™ will automatically renew your coverage.
- If you have not provided consent to have your income verified yearly, you will lose your ability to qualify for financial assistance and you will be responsible for paying the full premium amount for coverage.
- Sign in to your Covered California™ online member account or call the Service Center at 1-800-300-1506 (TTY/TDD) 888-889-4500 to provide that consent.
If you have changes to report for L.A. Care Covered Direct:
- Report changes such as adding a dependent or a change in your permanent address directly to L.A. Care by logging into your L.A. Care Connect member account or calling Member Services at 1-855-270-2327 (TTY/TDD) 711.
No changes to report:
- If you do not contact L.A. Care with any changes during the Annual Renewal Period, we will automatically renew your coverage.
- Sign in to Covered California to make changes to your account.
- Download member handbooks and other plan documents.