HITEC-LA, the federally-designated Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center for Los Angeles County, helps doctors and primary care providers select, implement, and meaningfully use certified electronic health records (EHRs). Services include:
- Education and Outreach
- Vendor Selection and Group Purchasing
- Implementation and Project Management
- Practice and Workflow Redesign
- Functional Interoperability and Health Information Exchange Services
- Privacy and Security Best Practices
- Progress Towards Meaningful Use
Why Should Small or Solo Practices Enroll?
- Receive advice that is in the practice’s best interest; HITEC-LA is an impartial, trusted source
- Get access to subsidized and substantially discounted services
- Learn best practices via peer-to-peer collaboration within Los Angeles County and throughout the United States
- Benefit from the experience of HITEC-LA’s EHR technology and meaningful use teams who help select the right system for each practice, get their implementation started, and guide them through the entire process
Who is Eligible?
All Los Angeles County health care providers may enroll for free. Subsidies are available for those that meet federal ‘priority primary care provider’ criteria, which include:
- Individual and small group practices (10 or fewer professionals with prescriptive privileges) – primarily focused on primary care
- Public and critical access hospitals
- Community health centers and rural health clinics
- Other settings that predominantly serve uninsured, underinsured, and medically underserved populations
To enroll for free or learn more:
- Visit: www.hitecla.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: (888) 524-4832
HITEC-LA, a project of L.A. Care Health Plan, is funded by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, Department of Health and Human Services, Award Number: 90RC0052/01.